Quotes

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck

My Life Chorus.....

"Blessed is she who has believed what the Lord has said to her WILL BE accomplished!" Luke 1:45

Monday, February 14, 2011

Water

by Michelle E. Georgiana

Water is significant in our lives.  In the first fifteen minutes that you wake up, I am sure you are remotely unaware at how many times you used water.  To name a few just to get the gist, when you use the toilet, brush your teeth, make your coffee or tea, wash your dishes, etc.  The number of times that we use water is amazing.  Water is a vital part of our life - not just to function but to thrive.  Jesus even said, "I am the living water, drink this water and you will thirst no more."  Water that quenches our thirst not leaving us longing for another drink. Now that is some water! 

David refers to water in Psalm 69.  However, when he is speaking of water, it is out of distress not for life sustenance!  He cries out in Psalm 69:1-2, "Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the mirey depths where there is no foothoold. I have come into the deep waters the floods engulf me."  Can you hear David's distress as he calls out for help?  David is drowning.  This isn't a  literal drowing in the sense of he is shipwrecked in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and is treading water.  No, this is I am drowinig with my life circumstances, with the troubles mounting in my life. He says its up to my neck which leads me to believe he is starting to panic because if it rises much more he will be underwater! 

Have you ever been in a moment where you felt as though you were drowning?  That all was against you and no matter how hard you paddled, no matter how many strides you took, the water line never seemed to recede, but only to grow or stay at the same current level - at your neck?  Boy, I have been there and  have thought this is going to do me in.  I don't know if I will survive this situation.  The circumstances or even the people who rise up against may take my last breath from me - I am up to my neck and my last breath is drawing near.  But here's what happens - David cries out to the one and only who can reach down and save him.  He cries out to God and says, "Save me!"  David realized he couldn't help himself, that as his body grew tired and and mind weak that there was still one hope that was ever present and it was his Lord.  At any moment God would put his feet on solid ground and deliver him. David speaks in Psalm 69:17, "Do not hide your face from your servant, answer me quickly, for I am in trouble." 

When you are in distress, take heed to the words of David, even when drowning he praised God saying, "My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you - I, whom you have redeemed.  My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long, for those who wanted to harm me have been put to shame and confusion."  Psalm 71:23-24

Friend, no matter if your up to your waist, your chest or your neck in water, God is able to redeem.  Sometimes its a matter of our hearts confession, sometimes its a matter of our waiting on him, sometimes its to see where we put our hope - but always remember he is faithful and just.  Righteousness will prevail - whether on Earth or in Heaven.  Remember that as you drink your water today, that Jesus is the living water and with him you will thirst no more! Just as water can consume life through drownings, the Living Water can restore and satisfy life.  Put your trust in  God, your fortress and refuge in times of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment