Quotes

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck

My Life Chorus.....

"Blessed is she who has believed what the Lord has said to her WILL BE accomplished!" Luke 1:45

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours!

Almost ten years ago, I had the most delightful, honorable, enjoyable, once in a lifetime opportunity to walk down an aisle as a bride.  Arm in arm with my father as we marched down the white runner in anxious anticipation to be joined hand and hand with my soon to be husband and partner in life.  That day will forever be written in my heart and mind - when glancing through pictures and watching the video of the wedding, I can still remember the excitement, the happiness and  love.  Out of everyone in the whole wide word - he chose me!  I am not sure there is any other feeling for a gal to feel more special than when a beau says, "of all the others that could be mine, I choose you."  It has to be one of the most heart warming, stomach tingling, body melting experiences! Why there are so many others, and I am so flawed, but yet he pointed and he chose me!  That my friends, makes you feel like one special person!

After the wedding, the pastor signed the marriage license making this official. We each had rings on our fingers as a symbol of our covenant that we made with each other before God and man.  We were "Signed, Sealed and Delivered" to one another!  Ten years, 3 children, 1 teenager, 2 dogs, 2 fish later  - we are still 100% committed to one another!

While thinking about Valentine's Day and the idea of love - it struck me that Larry (my husband) isn't the only one who pointed and said, "I choose you!"  As a matter of fact, whether you are married or single, there is someone who said, "I choose you!"  This man loved you so much that his experience on Earth while at times was applauded, truly became one of the most horrific experiences that any man could experience.  

God says, "I choose you.  I love you so much that I sent my son to walk the Earth, to teach and share divine truths,  only to be crucified, to die, to rise again and ascend into heaven.  Why, you ask?  Because I choose you!  I want to be married to you.  I want to be with you through every part of your life, both good and bad.  To lift you up when you are down, to guide your path, to lead your heart.  I want to be the one who hands you answers and delivers you from grief!  I want to run in the sunshine with you while all is well and hold you when you hurt.  I choose you.  Will you choose me?"

Just as I signed a marriage license to my husband here on this Earth.  There came a day when I signed in my heart a covenant with the One and Only.  I recognized what Jesus did for my life and I accepted his proposal to marry him.  I was "Signed, Sealed and Delivered" to the one who laid down his life for me and told me he would be my Living Water, that I would never go thirsty, that he would always have my best interest at heart. I am not alone.  You are not alone.  Jesus says, "You are my bride. I love you.  I choose you.  There is no one like you."  Jesus isn't just asking, "Be my Valentine.  Jesus is asking, won't you marry me?  No more dating, rather a full 100% commitment from you that in all areas of your life."

If you have never walked down the aisle and met your Lord and Savior, I would welcome the opportunity for you to do that today!  It's not hard, its not complicated.  It is a heart transformation -simply saying, "Dear sweet Jesus, today is the day that I say, Yes, to your proposal.  Today I say that I choose you, the one who came to this Earth and died for my sins!  I recognize that it is what you did on the cross that was the ultimate sacrifice to declare your love for me.  I realize that as I have lived, I have sinned and that there is no other name that can wash them clean, but you.  Lord, create a clean heart in me and renew a right spirit within me so that I can be the bride prepared and ready for your return.  Jesus, today I sign the line that says, our dating is over and I pledge my love to you in marriage, committed, dedicated and relying on you to lead and guide me all the days of my life.   Thank you Lord for the most precious gift that anyone could give, yourself.  Amen."

If you have recommitted yourself to Jesus or accepted him for the first time, would you send me a note telling me so I can pray for you!  Email michelle@shestepsministry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment